Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Helping Mother Nature - Go All The Way!!


8:30AM on TPT 17 - I have watched Nick Stello’s” Cooking with Friends” for a few years now and he usually has some good recipes.  But the show I watched today takes the cake.  I have never ever heard any other chef describe and talk about food in such an over-the-top “sexy talk” kind of way.  

It is so over-the top I decided to take an inventory of some of the things he said in just half of one episode about making shrimp pasta and crab/lobster burgers*. 

I would normally not take quotes out of context – but I think this guy wants you to take the comments out of the context of cooking – there is just something about the way he says it – that you know he is a freaky freak. I am fairly familiar with cooking vernacular and this just ain’t normal:

-         - Help Mother Nature go all the way
-          -Wonderful Juices
-         - If you feel like an athlete than you will do this and you will play with it until it is wetter
-         - Mingling and leaking juices
-          -Seduced by aroma
-         - That….I know it is about to come
-         - It scores points for me
-         - If you want to get crabs – you go get crabs
-        -  I will be your personal bowl holder
-         - How hot do you want it?
-         - I saw you look at them with Love
-         - I want to see the artistry come out – show me what I came to see
-          -Did you do this just for me?  I love the fact that I get exclusive billing in your creation –
-         - I am prepared for you – I am the king….. of spoons
-         - O my Gosh – you are absolutely fabulous
-         - Should I go this way, this way, or should I go this way?
-          -Are you having fun?  Would you like to come back?

And finally:

“by the way…this is something that I love to do – just looking sometime at a sauce cooking… putting itself together, going to the next stage – that is what makes me truly excited. “
www.Nickstellino.com ­ ­ - he is for rizzlze
*three quarters of this episode he had guest chef Michael Hillyer of the Capital Grille – and still…. He said this crazy shit while they were cooking together.  Must have  made that poor guy about ready to run out the back freakin’ door.    

No comments:

Post a Comment