Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Micro Vert Sil 'Vous Plait! Translation Issues

Looks like I am going to have more time to blog... hopefully this is a good thing!

to take a chance or not to take a chance

I called Trader Joes because I seem to recall them having cheep Micro-Greens.

When I called the customer service desk (god forbid I should actually drive down Randolph un-necessarily!) I felt like I was asking them for preparation -h. The gentleman who answered the phone asked me about 5 times to repeat myself until I think he got it MICRO-GREENS tiny little lettuce leafs.  Then I was on hold for a reallllly long time.  When he came back he said yes they have Greens.  To which I had to confirm - they are micro-greens right?  And he hesitantly said yes we have greens.  In a pretty heavy accent.  No problem with that... but I am a little worried that this might not have translated over just right....

So-a I am going to chance it and drive down the block.  Heck - who can pass up a two dollar container of micr-greens.  It will match my new unemployed micro piece of tuna~!

Tuna and Micro-Green Amous Bouche

1/4 lb. sushi grade tuna
Sarachi hot sauce
Avocado
Micro Greens
*Amouse Bouche spoons

Salt and Pepper the Tuna
Sear the tuna for exactly 1 minute on each side
Slice into 1/4 by 1 inch slices

Lay down a small amount of micro-greens on the spoon
Lay down a small slice of avocado
On top of that put the tuna
dot a small amount (I mean small) of Sarachi

Eat.

This is even better on a larger scale!

*You can find these spoons at most Asian grocery stores for about a buck.  I found mine at the little store across the street from Joe's sports stop in Fridley but I am sure they are at other places.  I have seen them at Sur La Table as well as a few other cook-shops but they are usually a little more spendy.  But they do make a pretty cool appetizer serving piece so it might be worth the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment